In 10 days I will turn 28 and it freaks me out a little. Just enough to make me get my ass in gear and start dreaming even bigger! 2015 is shaping up to be another great year of learning, self discovery, and exploring the world around me.
I haven’t really blogged much in the last 6 months, so I thought today would be a good opportunity to 1) catch up on what’s happened 2) share random facts about myself in honor of, well, myself. 😉
The last 6 months have been a whirlwind and I’m excited for the new adventures that 2015 will bring. So without further ado 28 random things about moi:
- I’ve accomplished 16 /101 of my Adventures Before 30. I only have 2 years and 10 days to cross off the remaining 85.
- In Junior High I played ‘Becky’ one of the orphans in Annie. To this day, “Tomorrow” is one of my favorite songs.
- My 10 year High School Reunion is happening in 2015.
- I have 2 favorite colors: pink and green.
- I’m left handed.
- I love musicals, Disney movies, action flicks & anything with zombies or obscene gore.
- I consider myself a ‘film enthusiast’ — something I’ve coined since discovering the Festival Gypsy life.
- I’ve attended, volunteered or worked for 10 film festivals since 2013.
- I went to Catalina Island, a place I’d only dreamed of visiting, for 4 wonderful & blissful days. I was able to attend the Catalina Film Festival and it was a dream come true to watch films in the historic Casino Theatre.
- I’ve moved over 25 times and have lived with 17 people between 2005-2014. I lived alone for 2 years during that time and look forward to calling a place mine in 2015.
- December is my favorite month — it’s just so magical. Christmas music is my favorite kind of music and I listen to it throughout the year.
- My bad ass, website-designer of a mother is taking me, herself, and my sister’s family to Disneyland this Christmas. The adults are more excited than my niece.
- My 5-year-old niece and I call each other “Rosebud”. Her middle name is Rose, and I started calling her Rosebud the day she was born. She’s called me it back since she could talk.
- One of the first Facebook page I managed was in 2009 when I worked at Hooters.
- Almost 5 years later I’m a Social Media Consultant based in San Diego.
- I visited San Diego for the first time in 2008 on a work trip — I immediately fell in love with the city, the vibe, and the coastline. I celebrate my 2 year San Diego anniversary in March 2015.
- I’ve been working as my boss for almost 6 months now. It has been awhole new mountain of learning and self discovery.
- I’m producing a short film in 2015 — one of many I hope.
- I’m creating a production house to launch in 2015.
- I love learning and always trying to read new books, blogs, online articles, and even cereal boxes.
- I have 4 pairs of parents, 5 sisters, 6 brothers and over 35 cousins. Some are step, some are half, some are twice removed, but they’re all family.
- Family is one of my top priorities.
- Inside jokes with my besties are some of my favorite moments. Few things are better than true friends who stand by you, encourage you, and make you laugh.
- I’m more of a romantic than I let on.
- I don’t want children.
- I’m an avid Greenbay Packers fan — Clay Matthews’ arms are just a bonus. 😉
- I prefer in person, texting / gchatting, and phone calls in that order.
- I’m addicted to coffee and have at least 2 cups a day.
There you have it. A bit of this and a bit of that. 🙂 I’m excited for what adventures await in my 28th year.